This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Monday, December 20, 2010

What If This is As Good as It Gets

I was looking for an image from the movie "As Good As It Gets" and this came up and instantly made me smile! I was going to write about the line Jack Nicholson says when he's leaving his psychiatrist's office and faces the people in the waiting room, "What if this is as good as it gets?" I love that line because although it may appear to be depressing, I find great hope in it, because it tells me that this might be the best there is, so we better find the best in it.

However, when I saw this picture I realized that THIS is what makes me happy today - because it is so smile-inducing to see any person who is normally rude, crotchety, and all the other adjectives that describe a negative human being - get silly over an animal.

If you haven't seen this movie, please do - it's one of the good ones out there.

1 comment:

  1. Love how he's wearing gloves to hold Verdell because of the OCD but then his humanity wins out and he forms an affection for him :)
    ~M

    ReplyDelete