This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Monday, December 13, 2010

#1 Source of Happy!

Steve returned from his weekend away and last night, as I lay in bed, I realized how it felt like home when he was there.

I truly appreciate all he does for me, and it's a lot - and that wherever this journey of life takes me I get to ride it with my best friend.

This is a line that I love from the movie Shall We Dance: We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

1 comment:

  1. I love that last line! This post makes me think of a time when use to write poetry all the time and profess their love to another, their appreciation and their deepest feelings. We don't really do that anymore. It's too many "I love you's" being thrown here and there. With no feeling behind them. I appreciate how you voiced your feelings about Steve! It's poetic!

    ReplyDelete