This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Oh Night Divine

My favorite Christmas hymn is O Holy Night and as I read the lyrics this morning, these lines stood out:

Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.

If these things are what Jesus stood for, then tonight I do celebrate his birth, because though I may not worship him, I hope to carry forth his message.

From the same hymn, these words refresh me:

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

I can see how a message of love, freedom and eternal rejoicing was welcomed into the world. It is something that is still so needed.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment