This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Furries












Jada was the first furry Albee-Scott, adopted in San Antonio, Texas in 2006. Jada likes to be where the action is and if there's crumpled paper, even better.

Lucy was the second furry Albee-Scott and I can't help comparing her to Mary, who sought shelter so many years ago to give birth to Jesus. We didn't know when we adopted Lucy that she brought with her 8 tiny gifts. When I visited the shelter I played with a few of the dogs, Lucy being one of them. I thought I had returned Lucy to her cage and securely locked the door, but as I was talking with the shelter worker I looked down and Lucy was quietly by my side. It sounds hokey, but at that moment I knew she was our dog.

We found good homes for 6 of Lucy's puppies, but kept the two runts and though they are a ton of work and sometimes cause me great moments of exasperation, I do realize the love and joy they bring to our lives.

With so much living, breathing love in our home we are truly blessed. The gifts under the tree are nice and we will enjoy them, but they don't sustain us - only the love we get and the love we give bring lasting happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment