This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Secrets are in a Book!

Look at this - the secrets to happiness can be found in a book! Ha!

Here is one I need to work on: Happiness does not depend on how many bad things happen to an individual. What is more important is whether an individual tends to make negative conclusions about him- or herself when negative events occur.

This is poignant as just today our furnace went out and instantly I thought how it was because of bad choices I'd made in the past. Fortunately I was able to switch my thinking and realize how fortunate we are to have a home that has a furnace that was fixed and we now have heat. That is a huge thing!

Today Soph and I built snowcreatures - hers was a snowdragon, mine was a snowperson. It was quite warm out - given the furnace situation, it felt warmer outside our house than inside - ha, there's a good thing about the furnace going out, it got us outside, which makes me think of the ultimate optimist quote:

Barn's burnt down. Now I can see the moon! ~Masahide

No comments:

Post a Comment