This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Possibility Makes Me Happy


Today I am trying out a new church and the possibility of finding a church home makes me excited! I don't follow a set denomination and I'm not a Christian, though I do try to emulate the love and kindness we believe Jesus Christ gave. I'm not a Buddhist, but I find great peace through the teachings of Siddhartha the Buddha. I've attended Muslim, Catholic, Quaker, Lutheran, Mormon, Presbyterian, Methodist and Episcopalian services and I found comfort in them all. In Utah we started attending First Presbyterian regularly about six months before we moved and it was such a great place to find weekly replenishment.

In a few hours I am going to the Universalist Unitarian Church of East Liberty. This is what I found on their page online:
Welcome
... to a church that
celebrates diversity.
... to a church that
engages reason and critical thinking.
... to a spiritual home that
seeks depth and meaning
for adults and children.
... to a religion that
seeks peace for all people
and the earth.
Welcome to East Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment