This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happiness from a Friend

Nothing is quite as uplifting as a surprise package, which I received the other day from my fabulous friend, Brooke! Inside the package were 2 books, one is a book I almost bought for myself, but didn't, A Dog's Purpose and the other is a book I probably wouldn't have given a second glance, The Beauty of Different.

It is the second book that has been integral in helping me change my perspective the last few days. The beautiful photographs and inspiring stories are just what I needed to shift the focus in my own life from that of missing my home (Utah) to realizing that I am in control of how I create the happiness in my life.

Brooke is one of those people who takes the time to leave a handwritten note, bake a batch of cookies from scratch and offer insightful words when needed. I am such a better person for having Brooke's friendship and example in my life. I am so fortunate to have a friend who sees something that is right for me right when I need it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Or as Finn would say, "Ah ma deenees!" (He's so cute.) You made me cry! I feel so honored to be featured in the inaugural post of your new blog! You are so sweet, Heather, but you know that anyone who reads this is thinking that YOU, Heather are that nice, happy sort of person. But thank you. I will try to live up to your description of me. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete