This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Thrills of Self-Help Selections

I found this book at the Jackson Public Library and I have been devouring it. I love self-help books and when they're from the library, in the new book section, even better!


I love this piece from the book:
On the way to get away from where you are, you can run so fast that you miss the blessings along the way. By the time you realize that you have missed them, a major portion of your life has taken place without you.




On another happiness note, I just took the dogs outside and as I watched them play I spotted a dark red cardinal in the woods behind our home. The Michigan sky is gray, there is white snow all around and the trees in the woods are bare, so the red from that beautiful bird was so poignant, so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment