This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Friday, December 31, 2010

On to the Next One!


This is what I wrote on December 31, 2009:

I thought today about my goals for this decade: getting my teaching certificate; losing 30 pounds (or more!); traveling outside of North America; fixing our home; reading more Jane Austen; and all of these are worthy and hopeful endeavors, but most of all, I want to live mindfully and with purpose! If I do those 2 things, the rest will follow.

I am very happy to report that I took another class toward getting my teaching certificate, I lost 35 pounds (I have put 8 back on, but am not horribly worried about it...still at 27 down), we did fix our home in Utah, but it was so we could sell it, and today I am planning on reading Mansfield Park and I am quite excited about it! No travels outside of North America this past year, but since I put down these as goals for the decade, I figure I've got some time and now that we live in Michigan, it's probably easier to venture out of the country, Canada is our neighbor!

The weight loss is attributed to implementing the practice of mindful eating and I found that just changing that one area of my life did affect other areas. I continue to try to be mindful, to do only one thing at a time (ok, I'm blogging and chatting with a friend on Facebook as I write this...) and to see all the good that is in my world right this very minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment