This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dog Day Every Day






Just look at Percy's expression in both of these photos - how can such anticipation not make you happy! When we adopted Lucy in April 2009 and found out 3 weeks later she was about to give birth to 8 puppies, we felt just a wee bit overwhelmed and although I am a huge advocate for spaying and neutering, taking care of 8 puppies is an experience that really did enrich my life. Watching Percy and Winston and their relationship has been a joy! Percy is a bit naughty, clumsy and chews everything he can. Winston is happy, sweet and very obedient. They are nearly joined at the hip, looking out for one another through all situations.

When we had to take them in for their yearly shots, Winston was licking the vet during his exam and didn't flinch when his vaccines were given, but as soon as Percy let out a whelp over being poked, Winston became agitated. Winston is just a kind, sweet soul.

Lucy is more independent and tolerates the antics of her boys. Sometimes she and I go for long walks so she can get away from the crew at home. She is my girl.

Three dogs is a lot of work and I'm not always certain that keeping all three was the wisest of decisions, but they're in our family and when I take the time to see how they just want to be joyful, play and offer love, then I do feel truly happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment