This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Winston

Every morning I have nearly the same routine with the dogs. I dish up their food and let them outside to eat. The boys go scrambling to the fenced in area and I place Lucy's food down on the deck. Lately, Winston has been running back to the deck to check on me, I guess to make sure that I'm really coming. This morning I found it to be so sweet and funny.

Winston is our happy guy - his tail can wag so fast and mightily that one needs to be sure to stand at a safe distance. (Percy is often right behind him and will just blink as he takes a tail beating...) Winston is the one we took for pet day at Soph's Harry Potter Camp, because we knew he would behave himself, and he did. Winston is the quiet presence among his nervous brother and bossy mother. He is the one who took his shots without flinching at the vet's office and then pulled and cried out when his brother showed discomfort at receiving his own shots. He is our sympathetic man.

Just like with children, I often worry that Winston gets left behind because he is so good, so easy, so mild-mannered - Percy and Lucy know how to get attention. So Winston, buddy, I love ya and you definitely bring happiness to my day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo! Great job. I love this blog so much, Heather. I have gotten out of the habit of keeping up on my friends' blogs, and I want to do better.

    How I love and miss you.

    I am looking forward to reading through your happy blog now.

    ReplyDelete