This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Definitely Not Crying Over Spilled Seeds

A few days ago Winston, one of our 3 dogs, pulled down the bird feeder I'd recently hung and dragged it across the yard, spilling seed along the way. Please try to imagine how hard it is to take something from one dog while 2 others are aiding and abetting! Some choice words were said by me during this process and I was definitely NOT happy.

This morning, what do I find...a bunch of birds flying out of our yard after, I assume, enjoying some seed sprinkled on the ground. I never saw 1 come to the actual feeder, so the sight of various birds in flight made me chuckle. Something that had caused me such frustration, turned out to be serendipitous (the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident - indeed!)

Oh, and a bonus, our cat is now sitting by the window facing the backyard as it's now like being hooked up to kitty television!

Happiness can be found from a source that originally brought us discomfort - and happiness for the birds is found by a canine's naughty nature!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, now that the birds know that your house is a food source, they'll return to the feeder:) I don't recommend the ground feeding again as there are other critters that may find the food an invite to come and stay awhile ;)
    ~M

    ReplyDelete