This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Friday, January 21, 2011

A Bit of Beethoven


A few years ago I was telling Sophie how lucky she is to take piano lessons and how I wished I had practiced more and appreciated it more when I was a child. My daughter's response, "Then why don't you take piano lessons now?" So...I did!

I took lessons for a little over a year and got back into it enough to get a few more songs under my belt. I can escape when I play the piano - the way my fingers move across the keys, the sound of the notes, the build-up as a piece moves from piano to forte! All good stuff.

It is 6:15 a.m., so I will refrain from playing the piano now - realizing it might not bring happiness to those slumbering away in my home - but later....I shall use a bit of the ivory to bring a bit of the happy!

P.S. The photo really doesn't have to do with the post, just thought it was lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment