This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Good Choices = Happiness

I was feeling a bit down as the numbers on the scale kept going up. Sadly, when I feel down, I often make choices that increase the likelihood of continuing to feel down!

Yesterday I went back to healthier choices that I had made in the past that got me to a better place. When I got home from work I put on my workout clothes and worked out on the stairs instead of vegging in front of the tv with some snacks. Also, back to the tactic of eating everything at the table. I find that when I don't do this, I eat mindlessly and when I eat mindlessly, I eat A LOT!!

It feels really good to make good choices and good choices mean realizing that complete deprivation will backfire. Last night after dinner - a bowl of ice cream was had. This morning, back down a bit on the scale. Now, please do not think I am saying a number on a scale equals happiness. NO WAY! I am saying that a healthy lifestyle does bring happiness. I do not live a healthy lifestyle all the time, I am always working at it and sometimes I do better than other times.

Now this picture I have posted will make me smile while I'm working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment