This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Observing the Offspring


This child, right here, makes me feel happy every single day! This is not to say that there aren't times I feel worried, frustrated, tired...and all the other emotions a parent feels, but when I take the time to stop and look into her fabulously freckled face, I am in awe!
I am also in awe of this child when I get to see her do things in a way that are so different from how I would do them. Today I assisted with the frog dissection at Soph's school and her reaction to the frog was so different from what mine would have been at that age. She was calm and kept her group on track. She didn't partake in the cutting or removing of organs, but she observed everything. She didn't act silly or try to draw attention to herself, she handled the task at hand with a maturity I still don't possess.
Happiness can be seeing how amazing your child is and realizing that although you are their parent, they are their own person.
*This photo is from the Valentine's Day party at her school last year - not from today's dissection!

No comments:

Post a Comment