This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Longevity Can Bring Happiness

You might think the person in the photo making me smile is the guy on one knee with the Wii control, because he does look like he is having fun, but no. The people making me smile are the couple on the couch, the parents of my best friend from elementary school.

Michael and Aleca Durocher have been married 41 years and seeing them in this photo together, Mike's arm around Aleca, made me smile. I knew these people 30 years ago, when I went to my friend's house many, many times and it brings me great comfort to see something so familiar, so gentle and so speaking of a bond that has spanned many decades.

Love and long-term relationships can definitely induce happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment