This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So Simple


Sometimes just a few simple words, said sincerely and with love, can make a huge difference. Yesterday, Sophie's birthday, I had an interaction that left me feeling sad. I didn't tell Steve about it right away, I felt too angry and on the verge of tears, so I held it in until last night. When I did tell Steve he did the best thing for me at that time - he said softly, "I am sorry you had to deal with..." and that's it. I knew he meant it, I knew he felt my sadness and I knew he was there for me. It was perfect.

So today I feel happiness in the comfort that 1) my husband has my back! and 2) that I don't have to have the solution, that I don't have the solution, to fix anyone's problems - but I can offer the same, simple words when needed and sometimes that is all that is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment