This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

So Says Pooh

So, I did not take a photo of the sign mentioned in Tuesday's post. Oh well.

Yesterday I finally finished watching the interview with Colin Firth from Monday's Inside the Actor's Studio. There is a moment, at the end, when an audience member asks Colin a question, Colin answers and the student mouths the words, "Thank you," to him. You then see Colin give the student a smile and nod. That's it, but I was compelled to watch this exchange over and over...and over again.

That exchange seems so simple and was obviously very short, but it contained such meaning to me. I love when two people have a moment like that - a connection, a validation of each others needs at that instant.

I could not find an image, nor really a quote that captured this exact thing, but I found this quote that made me pause:

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you." ~A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment