This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

31


This photo is actually from yesterday, but we've got this again today and it is amazing to me what a difference it makes in my mood!

I was absolutely giddy this morning about going for a run, haven't been on one in too, too long. I was also nervous, haven't been on one in too, too long. I ran for 31minutes and it was wonderful. Again, I started running last year, around April, following this program:

http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm

I followed the program religiously and sure enough, after 8 weeks, I was able to run 30 minutes non-stop. I highly recommend it if you have even the slightest interest in running, but, follow it - I don't recommend skipping weeks, running for 30 minutes on your first go - no, none of that.

So here's to being happy about running in the warm (34 degrees!) weather and appreciating how lovely it is.

1 comment:

  1. Great!
    I got sick on week 4. I'm going to start over or maybe week 2 this week,I'll see how it goes. I'm excited to get back to it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete