This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inappropriate and Happiness


Yesterday my beautiful, and actually quite eloquent, daughter asked me if she could have some cheese, but not just any cheese....

"Mom, can I have some cheese that doesn't taste like farts?"

In Sophie-speak this means sharp cheddar rather than mild cheddar, but why be so blah?

This question made me LAUGH OUT LOUD, but like all good mothers everywhere I reserve the right to find the use of the word fart funny in one instance and completely inappropriate in another. Gotta keep these kids guessing.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha!!! Oooohhhh, Sophie, how I love you! What a great post, Heather. I miss you guys. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the time I was serving dinner to the kids and my 14 yr old son pipes up about how he LOVES breasts and to give him the "biggest breast" on the plate. I couldn't help myself...I guffawed and then he giggled and we shared our first "naughty" repartee ;)
    ~M

    ReplyDelete