This blog is intended to be a way for me to take notice of the great things in life and to share those great things.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Snakes, Turtles, Skinks...


Yesterday we attended a class at the Dahlem Nature Center near our home and it was so fascinating! The presenter had a few snakes, a couple turtles, a gecko, a baby alligator and a blue-tongued skink. We got to touch each animal and learn about their unique qualities.

I have never had a strong interest in science and I am married to a scientist! Our daughter, now 11, is very much like her father in her fascination with science, specifically reptiles. I really just don't understand how mny things work, it boggles my mind and sometimes that boggling can be completely fascinating! I love that the skink has a blue tongue as a defense mechanism and that the leopard gecko's tail will snap off when threatened - a clean snap, amazing. I cannot even grasp the diversity in nature and how it all works.

So here's to learning and realizing how much there is still to learn as a way to increase ones happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment